Saturday, June 7, 2008

Delicious Delicious Delicious...

I love my salads - fresh, green and delicious. And when I feel like a good salad fix, I tromp down to "Delicious" at the Bangsar Village Shopping Center because it hits the right spot on my palette.



When we first stumbled upon this little gem about 10 months ago, we had just moved to Malaysia from the UK and were told that Bangsar was the place to be for people like "us". I must admit, at the time I felt a bit castigated. Now, Bangsar is the only place I know!



I LOVE Delicious. The decor is very chic and stylish and it's a great place to people watch. You'll find all kinds here: desperate housewives, fashionistas, media types, rich kids, families, new moms meeting up to compare babies and loads of expats. If the yummy dessert counter is not enough to pull you in... surely, the electric atmosphere wafting from this place should do the trick.





There's a good mix of western and asian dishes on the menu. Not being adventurous enough the first time around, I steered safe and went for the grilled seafood salad. My better half went for the "seriously" delicious cheeseburger. We haven't looked back, left, right or center ever since. We eat at Delicious a lot... we've been there more times that I can count (I know - it's sad!) and sometimes the staff bring out the nosh even without handing us the menu and at other times we order even before we sit down!



This is my grilled seafood salad. What I love about this dish is how simple it is. The sweetness of the tangerine segments and grilled red peppers go scrumptiously well with the saltiness of the marinated prawns and score-grilled squid. The lettuce leaves are fresh and crunchy every time. At first, I was of the opinion that they should mix more greeens in, make it a tad bit more interesting but now, I would not have it any other way. The dressing is not overpowering.... just a tiny squirt of olive oil with pepper and salt. For a little zing, I add some tobasco sauce and a squeeze of lemon juice. Don't be fooled - this salad is super filling. For those of you who like to eat out but are watching your waistlines - watch no further and lap this salad up! It's healthy and hearty at the same time. You'll find me chomping down the lettuce on days, I'm feeling crazy guilty about missing gym... AGAIN!


And.... speaking of "guilt" - you know that feeling that rises from the back of your mind, then envelopes the top and proceeds to gnaw at your soul and induce hours of displeasure from all the nooks and crannies of your body? Yeah well, my darling hubby knows none of it. Gym or not - the above (seriously delicious cheeseburger) is what he eats at Delicious most times. The other fat laden plate he loves is the steak sandwich with shoestring frites. I guess anything that comes with golden fries will do for him. I've had a bite of that burger, and I must admit... "seriously" it's wickedly delicious. I'd have it without blinking ONLY if I manage to slog at the gym, working out 3 straight hours, losing 1500 cals in total! Yeah - NEVER going to happen.
Other dishes I've tried and may order if I feel like it, is the wagyu beef and mushroom pie (crust is buttery and too rich) and the lasagne (too many carbs in this one). Unfortunately, I'm not too crazy about the asian fare. I did try the Nasi Lemak once and was disappointed. The prices here are not too high so you don't leave the place feeling a little jilted and not low enough to make you warily suspicious. You pay for what you eat and some. Here's what we ate and drank:
Garlic bread (loveliest garlic bread in the whole of KL - seriously!)
Seriously delicious cheeseburger
Grilled seafood salad
Watermelon juice
Diet Coke
We shelled out RM 85.00 for the 2 of us. Cheap and cheery...




No comments: